39 Day Central Discoverer
Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi & Zambia
On this great safari you will …..experience the annual wildlife migrations in Kenya and Tanzania, travel across spectacular scenery in the ‘born free’ countryside of Shaba and Samburu National Park. The incredible Rift Valley will be a highlight to remember. Enjoy game drives throughout East Africa including Lake Nakuru National Park and Tsavo East while spotting incredible numbers of wildlife at the waterholes and grasslands of the impressive Ngorongoro Crater. The Maasai Mara National Park will be something to tick off your bucket list as is enjoying a traditional tribal dance performance. Time to relax on the historic spice island of Zanzibar before flying via Johannesburg and onto the ‘Warm Heart of Africa’. Malawi features wonderful scenery, fascinating parks and some of the poorest but friendliest people in Africa. Including visiting a tea plantation and the small village in which David Livingstone was born, you will view elephant, hippo, crocodile, sable and prolific bird life on the many game drives and boat cruises on this safari. Stay on the shores of Lake Malawi which is the southern end of the Rift Valley, cruise out to Bird Island, see the African Fish Eagle and visit a tropical fish farm. Game drives at South Luangwa National Park/Matjete Wildlife reserve are a different experience than in Kenya/Tanzania. Experience an evening game drive to view nocturnal animals. Travelling distances are shorter in Malawi than Kenya and Tanzania making a great combination for a longer safari. Wonderful experiences are to be had in Malawi and Zambia.
Date: 09 August – 17 September 2018 (ex Australia dates)
Connected Safaris: 20KE318 + 21MW118+
TRIP CODES: 20KE3178 + 21MW118
COST: $23,380pp Twin share, included airfares ex Perth*
COST: $23,780 per person Twin Share, including airfares ex Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide**
Single Supplement $2,850
• Airfares ex Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide
• Airfare Lusaka to Johannesburg,
• Airline levies and taxes (subject to change until paid in full),
• transport via air conditioned vehicles in Southern Africa and extended game viewing 4WD’s in Kenya and Tanzania,
• experienced tour guide,
• mainly 4 star accommodation (double/twin room with private facilities – no camping),
• entrance fees and meals as per itinerary.
• Airfare Dar es Salam to Blantyre; Airline levies and taxes (subject to change until paid in full)
• 1 night accommodation at either Johannesburg or Blantyre (27 August)
• Travel insurance,
• meals and entrance fees not mentioned in itinerary,
• items of a personal nature
PREPAID TIPPING AND WATER: Prepaid tipping and water available on selected tours.
DEPARTURE DATES: Departure dates are subject to change due to airline schedule changes.
Traveljoy will endeavour to operate all itineraries as advertised, however changes may occur where deemed necessary without prior notice
* Minimum of 6 passengers per group are required to guarantee a departure (unless otherwise specified). Traveljoy may choose to operate a tour with less than minimum numbers.
** Additional costs may apply for Canberra, Darwin and Hobart.
*** 2019 Prices to be released approx. September 2018.
**** Conditions apply refer to your booking form.